May 1, 2009

Vacation

Any opportunity to make umrah and spend time with the family is always welcomed. These are the things I classify in my life as "Medina moments "even if they take place outside of Medina. Allah warns us in the Quran about time and how precious it is once it is gone it can never be replaced. So many of us our days are filled with hustle and bustle of daily chores, work, school and all those things in between. When ever I have a vacation from my routine I try to enjoy the moment. I find Medina to be very busy these last few weeks due to an insurgence of visitors many who were also on vacation last week and chose to visit Medina spending time with family and friends. My vacation was very wonderful (mashaAllah) allowing me to meet other muslimah from areas like Japan and just take time to have tea and conversation with new found friends. My husband decided to spend our last few vacation days in Jeddah which is a very busy city that reminds me of New York city in some ways. Jeddah is very popular for shopping, amusement parks and being so very close to Mecca aprox 45mins. or less driving. Many of our friends reside in Jeddah so it is always nice to visit with them.

Next we were on to Mecca. Mecca as always was very alive with people from all walks of life young and old we filled the Haram to offer salah and make tawaf around the Kaba. This umrah was very special because my young children were able to join us in making tawaf and see the Kaba for the first time. There little eyes overjoyed and my heart was full sharing this experince with them. I tried to make all the dua I could for those not with me but who I carry in my heart. I only pray that Allah accepts my intentions. After completing Umrah we rested for a few days and soon prepared to return home. The roads between Mecca, Jeddah and Medina will always keep you mesmerized with the vast area of desert and beautiful mountains you will see herds of camels, wild dogs and baboons. I have attached pictures of the baboons that swarmed our car in hopes of getting food, the lizard we found in our room and the camels that were being prepared for slaughter.

Baboons crossing the street
Yes! there is a baboon on the car
Camel meat before


and after







OMG! THERE IS A LIZARD IN MY ROOM!!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am Umm Nadia and Im from america living in Medina. I love living here sooo much, but find it hard because I thought I was alone here! Alhumdulilah there are people here just like me. Please email me sometime I would like to talk to u about life here in Medina, how to meet peolple, schools, and learning more about Islam, and Arabic. Thankyou sooooo much!! Jazak Allah Khair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much inshaAllah we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete